Thursday, August 04, 2005

July of '83

I love discovering other webloggers. A new one by the name of July of '83 popped up to post a one-and-a-half-word comment here a few days ago, and I finally got round to reading the blog today. Who would have thought that Existentialism, Soviet history and Seinfeld go so well together?^^

There's a provocative little extract from Nietzsche's The Wanderer and his Shadows that I love:

Hundred-year quarantine. Democratic institutions are quarantine arrangements to combat that ancient pestilence, lust for tyranny: as such they are very useful and very boring.

And I'd also like to say a huge thank-you for reminding me of one of my all-time favourite films, Isabel Coixet's eloquent and heart-breaking My Life Without Me. Yes, I love the rain, too.

Here's the link: July of '83.

No comments: